D3.js Document Template and GitHub Integration
In this blog post, we want to show you integration between vida.io cloud editor and GitHub. git is a great source control tool to keep track of complex visualization project.
You can import your git repository for instant view and sharing in the cloud.
vida.io use a new repository format. We made a few enhancements:
- Full git repo (issue tracking, pull request)
- Separation of data and code
- Support for visualization properties
This is done through manifest.json file. Here’s a manifest.json for Line chart template:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
We host the document template repository on GitHub. You can clone it to get started.
Here’s a Directional Force Layout repository (original code from @d3noob):
You can quickly import your GitHub repository into vida.io:
- Login to vida.io
- Select D3 Documents
- Click New Document
- Select Import GitHub type
- Paste your GitHub repository URL (e.g. https://github.com/dnprock/document_template)
- Click Import
Viola! Now you have a live visualization in the cloud. You can share with your team and customers.